Friday, July 17, 2009

Rose Graham Camfield, Sept 26, 1899



South Bend Sept 26th (1899)

Dear ann mother went home to day and Bell went with her, she don't know if she will come back with Bell or wait a while, while she was here she pieced blocks enough for me a quilt, and I dont see as I miss any of the pieces the girls are piecing some, I ma sorting out a roll for Tamerson

I had aunt May come and spend the day last week she could tell mother about the camp meeting at Buchanan she was there 4 days they always go she would have taken mother to the mininite meetings here with her horse and carraige but they have their meetings upstairs and mother could not

page 2

climb three flights of stairs. we had a real good visit last sunday we went on the street car to Mishawaka and visited the orphans home, also stopped at spring brook it was a treat to her and me both she seems so well and chearful for one of her age

to day I washed and made some sweet apple preserves and so you may know I am tired I will not write a very long letter to night as I wrote you a long one the other day. Bell will probably stay at Freds nearly a week she will visit friend in Elkhart also Leroy is writing Danel a letter so I will have to send it with mine well good by wrote soon

Rose


Who was Aunt May!? My best guess is that it must have been Mary E. Graham Edgin, Rose's father's sister. She lived in Niles, MI. If Aunt May was an aunt on Rose's maternal perhaps it was Margaret Doughty Horner, about whom I know very little.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Rose Graham (South Bend, IN) to “Dear ann”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 26 Sept 1899. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Apr - Dec 1899,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: