Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rose Graham Camfield, Sept 4, 1899



South Bend Sept 4th 1899

Dear ann and all the rest

Wel thiss has been labor day we all went to the parade it was Beautiful Joe took a chair along for mother so she was comfortable and saw every thing it lasted about 2 hours then we came home and had supper and Joe and the children and Mr and Mrs Brady have gone to see the Biscicle parade they will be all trimed in flowers and

page 2

and lit up and I suppose will be very Beautiful but mother and I are not going she is lying down and I am writing you a letter so you will sure get it tomorrow as I promised and we are both tired mother is real well and enjoying her self better than I ever supposed she could in fact she dont seem like the same woman she used to be she goes out for a

page 3

walk every day with one of the children and yesterday she went with Joe to see Mrs Brady some of the neighbors have been in every day since she came she got a letter from home to day I wish you all could have been here today I will send you a paper with full particulars as I ma to awful tires to write them

page 4

mother has cut some quilt pieces I almost forgot to tell you I moved the couch in the front room and brought the lounge down stairs so she dont have to go up stairs at all she can lye down when she pleases with a lounge in both rooms well I must close I am too tired so good by write soon please send mas rubbers under lounge

Rose


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Rose Graham (South Bend, IN) to “Dear ann and all the rest”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 4 Sept 1899. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Apr - Dec 1899,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: