Saturday, August 15, 2009

Etola Robinson, Sept 20, 1901




September 20 1901
Dear Annie: Do you observe I have made a vase of some ink. Thought I would celbrate by writing to you, think I will have to invest in some new pens next think I have some someplace but can not find them.

Weill how are you! Tamerson told me about you leaving your washing to go visiting I shall not be surprised to hear of you doing any thing now I believe you have wated until this late date to sew your wild oats I am well have not had much to do lately that is not much that there is any money in. manage to keep bisy most of the time. Sarah, Peater and Cora was here to see us went home Tuesday morning

page 2

I caned 1/2 bushel of peaches wednesday want to can some tomaties but do not know if I can get any they are scarse this year.

Did you ever see sucha miserably cold September as this is? dear me I have to have fire most all the time now how will I ever buy coal enough to last untill next june

Walter and Vera are quite near neighbors of mine just over on Westula second house from gas tank they are boath at work Walt says he does not like it ( work I mene ).

I have been making a dress for Pauline Alfont thsi week. Mrs. alfont's Father and Mother are visiting her. I have not been over to Roses since Ruby came home. Turk is doing well in the dressmaking line I am surprised to see how well she

page 3

[page 3 is missing'

page 4

Plumbs as the city has been well supplied with them

how do the children like attend high school? give my love to all and write soon.

from your frien
Etoley Robinson
69_ E Washington
S. B. Ind.




For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield



Robinson, Etola (South Bend, IN) to “Dear Annie”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 20 September 1901. Digital Images 1-3.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1901,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: