Saturday, September 19, 2009

Francis Ashley Carlisle, Aug 31, 1903


Hartford, Mich.
Aug. 31 '03

Dear Dan -

I have not as yet recieved your apprenticeship papers from Mr. Brown. I am anxious that they should be settled at once. If they are not willing ot make out papers I know where I can get you work in a much larger shop at the same terms.

Please ask him to let me know at once. so that you will be settled before cold wather.

As ever Your Brother.
F.A. Carlisle
Hartford
Mich.

I believe this is the letter that Frank mentioned in his last letter and told Daniel to hand to Tom and that is why the letters seem to be posted out of order.

The 1900 census for Buchanan has: Thomas Brown, b May 1873 Connecticut, Machinist.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Carlisle, Francis Ashley (Hartford, MI) to “Dear Dan”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 31 August 1903. Digital Image.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1903-1904,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: