Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekly Rewind

Carnivals and Roundups

The 84th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy was posted by Jasia at Creative Gene. Read just how important the COG has been to us not only as individuals but also as a community. The topic for the next edition is Orphans and Orphans and will be hosted at Greta's Genealogy Bog.

You will find the 18th edition of Smile for the Camera, Travel, posted at Shades of the Departed. I love the way Footnote Maven presents all the entries. The word prompt for the next edition is "Gift."

Al Wierzba, at Al's Polish-American Genealogy Research, was the host for the 24th edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy which focus on research tips. The topic for the next edition is Christmas/Hanukkah traditions and will be hosted at Jessica's Genejournal.

At TransylvanianDutch, John Newmark had his Weekly Picks.

Randy Seaver had the Best of the Genea-Blogs at GeneaMusings.

Upcoming Events


Scanfest is tomorrow! Details at AnceStories. I'll be at a family birthday party but may be home in time to chat for a bit.

You only have a couple of days to submit something for Bill West's Poetry Challenge at West in New England!

Submissions for the 9th edition of the Graveyard Rabbits Carnival are due by the 25th. Topic: In the News.

Thomas MacEntee is busy, busy at GeneaBloggers. You can submit something for the GeneaBloggers Holiday Cookbook and then participate in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.

Weekly Reading


At Kay B's Place, Kay is looking for answers, What Did Willie Do? A great read! Kay is also looking for some help identifying a few pictures. If you have coal miners in your tree take a peek.

T. K. found A Smokin' Anecdote from the 1600s that she shared at Before My Time.

"Little Doctor on the Black Horse" is a new series by Dave Barton at Firelands History. A series of 58 letters! Follow along from the beginning with Post #1 - Doctor David Deforest Benedict Joins the Union Army.

Joan has written a wonderful love story at Roots'n'Leaves. Mostly truth, partly fiction it all began with a photo - Tombstone Tuesday: A Love Story in A Umitilla Cemetery.

Caroline M Pointer continues her series about Roscoe with Setting the Setting at Family Stories.

Earline Hines Bradt shared some interesting recipes at Ancestral Notes with Things (Greatgreatgrand) Mother Used To "Make Do." I love your new stocking Earline!

At We Tree, Amy Coffin has started an interesting series, Anatomy of a Military Pension File.

Denise is taking a peek into the future at Family Matters with The Digital Life - A Look Ahead.

A Few Ways Snow Makes the Tug Hill Different
at Adirondack Almanack reminded me to be grateful that I live just off of the Tug. If you've never heard of the Tug Hill you can read what I wrote about it here. (And so far we are snow free here in Snowville :-)

Brenda Joyce Jerome shared the Capture of the Alice Dean at Western Kentucky Genealogy Blog.

At Relatively Curious About Genealogy you'll find a great list for Finding Family Stories in Online Digital Books.

Sue, one of my bus driving friends, has posted Family treasures!!! at Susans World. With three explanation points can transition to a geneablog be far behind?


My Week

I had one of those weeks where I just did not feel like working on anything - so I didn't. I ended up in the dog house at work again and parent teacher conferences have screwed up my days with my schools operating on different schedules. I did get quite a lot done at Mom's this week and I spent more time than usual with the grandkids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your post in which you refer to my posts. Thank you so much, with any luck I'll get some help from your referral.