Friday, May 21, 2010

Pearl Gardiner Camfield, 14 March 1911





Celeron, N. Y.
March. 14, 1911

Dear Grandmother, Aunt + all,

I wan't to thank you all for the nice presents you sent. We liked them so well. Tell Grandma her quilt will certainly do us good. My mother pieced us a spread too. We got a lovely set of knives and forks from Roys mother and among the presents We Relieved [sic] here we got a set of spoons. A cream ladle and a gravy ladle. A Butter knife and sugar shell. a meat fork. a pickle fork. Salad dishes 2 setts of dinner plates. A Cracker bowl and a beautiful picture. I think we got a nice lot of presents don't you. We are staying with my folks now. Roy tells me so much about his Aunt Anna and grandma that I almost know you all allready. Well I hope you will write to us. We like to hear from you.

Love,

page 2

From, Mrs. Pearl Camfield.
Celeron
Box 78. N.Y.


.

This letter was sent with the one I shared yesterday from LeRoy Camfield. The picture was drawn below Pearl's signature, however I believe that it was drawn by Leroy after looking at his handwriting and the way he wrote "No. 2" on his letter. It is possible that Pearl was also an artist. See yesterday's letter for more details on the couple.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield



Camfield, Edith Pearl Gardiner (Celeron, NY) to “Dear Grandmother, Aunt + all”
[Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield] Letter. 14 March 1911. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2010.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1910-1911,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: