Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wheeler - Surname Saturday

I have written nothing about my Wheeler ancestors. I'll have to work on that!

Me
>Mom
>>Daniel Michael Carlisle, 1885-1960; Buchanan, MI
>>>Isaac Ashley Carlisle, 1842-1929; Edwardsburg, MI - Buchanan, MI
>>>>Daniel Carlisle, 1797-1872; Westmoreland, NH - Buchanan, MI
>>>>>Zipporah WHEELER, 1772-1841; Shrewsbury, MA - Western NY
>>>>>>Solomon WHEELER, 1747-1822; Shrewsbury, MA - Westmoreland, NH
>>>>>>>Cyrus WHEELER, 1717-1782; Marlborough, MA - Shrewsbury, MA
>>>>>>>>John WHEELER, 1695-1747; Marlborough, MA - Bolton, MA
>>>>>>>>>John WHEELER, 1661-1721; Concord, MA - Marlborough, MA
>>>>>>>>>>Thomas WHEELER, 1633-1686; England - Concord, MA
>>>>>>>>>>>George WHEELER, 1605-1687; England - Concord, MA

5 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Happy Blogoversary! And I found George Wheeler in my family tree. His son John married Sarah Larkin. Sarah's parents are my 10x great grandparents, and I descend from Sarah's sister, Hannah Larkin who married John Newell.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Thanks Heather.

That makes us shirt-tail cousins! I knew I'd start making more connections once I got to my New England ancestors. I'm betting with our New England roots we have lots of connections.

Brenda Leyndyke said...

I found a Catherine (Bishop) Wheeler who lived with the Glover's for many years and can't figure out the connection. Her husband was Stephen Wheeler. Any connection?

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Brenda - I don't have any Bishop's in my file.

The Carlisle's traveled west with some of Zipporah Wheeler Carlisle's family. (It was her son that married into the Glover line.) I'll have to look back through that information to see if Stephen connects.

Marian said...

What I love about this post is that you can so clearly see the migration pattern from Massachusetts to NY to MI. Being a predominantly MA researcher I'm always interested to see where 18th century MA families eventually ended up. Some stayed and many moved west. Thanks for sharing yours.