Friday, May 13, 2011

Mabel Camfield Marsh, 2 April 1912




Windsor Ont
April 2nd 1912

Dear Aunt Anna: -

I think spring is here at last and I am not sorry it was certainly lovely out today. Uncle Ashley will be planting corn soon.

Frank was here last week. I was surprised to see him. I went to the dorr but couldn't imagine who it was. I never would have know him, he is so changed. we had a good visit. Ben looks small beside of him. I never saw anyone change so. I certainly was glad to see him.

I have had two letters in the last week from Lenora's sister in Niles she wrote to tell me Lenora wasn't expected to live and her mother has gone there, "Hanford, Conn." so I am expecting bad news from there any time

Page 2

she has two lovely children it is to bad to leave them. I hope to live to see Vera grown and able to look out for herself. I am so thankful mother lived to raise her family, one has much to be thankful for.

Frank says he is homesick for Buchanan I expect the day will come when he will settle there, then you will have your family all near you. I expect you will like that. I told him I would make him a call when he moved there I would like to see his family, I never could picture him as a married man and even now it soesn't seem real to me. he has some good old fashioned ideas it really did me good to talk to him Mother worte and told me about you being caught in the storm. How is Tamerson and babies? give her my love.

Must close now. Love to all.
Mabel

I believe Lenora was a friend of Mabel's.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield




Marsh, Mabel Camfield (Windsor, Ontario) to “Dear Aunt Anna”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 2 April 1912. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: