Monday, May 12, 2008

984 Photos Scanned

My box of photos went out last Wednesday. When I got home from work on Friday an email was waiting for me from ScanMyPhotos.com telling me that my order had been completed. I checked the USPS tracking info to see when they had been delivered. My order was completed less than three hours after they received it! They had also uploaded all of my pictures to their website and the email included a password so I could accesses them, a service that they normally charge for and I was not expecting. They should be available there for 30 days.

My photos arrived back home today. One corner of the bottom of the box was a little crumpled but the box was well packed and none of my pictures were damaged. Instead of the one DVD that I expected there were two which normally would have been an extra charge. I will take the extra to my sister's for safekeeping. A sample photo flip book was also included along with a coupon should I wish to order a photo book, collage print, reprints or other services. After exploring the site a bit I think I would have to visit the store to use a kiosk to make a flipbook but they have have the other items available online. They also scan slides and some negatives.

I am very happy with the service I received. To have another 1,000 photos scanned would cost $49.95 plus 19.95 s&h and would not be limited to 4x6 size prints. Everything went so smoothly that I am tempted to send some of my precious historical family pictures. At the rate I scan, 1,000 photos will take me forever several years. There is a risk sending them through the mail but then again my house could burn down before I get them done on my own ;-)

They have extended the offer that I took advantage of until June 30th. It takes longer than you'd think to pull 1,000 pictures out of your albums so if you want to try the service for yourself, get pulling!

5 comments:

Jasia said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with scanmyphotos.com. I am soooo tempted to send in some of my snapshots. I don't have anywhere near as many as you, probably only a couple hundred of the 4 x 6 size. But I don't have the negatives or any duplicates of my family photos and I would be beside myself if they got lost. Of course there is always the fire issue you mentioned... but I don't want to think about that!

Becky Wiseman said...

Thanks for the update Apple. I'm in the process of "selecting" the pictures to send in. However, I've found that about half of the prints I have are 3 1/2 x 5 rather than 4x6. I don't think I'll have 1,000 to send for the freebie deal but I think I'll do it anyway!

Terry Thornton said...

Apple, Thanks for letting us know how the service worked out for you. Sounds like a good group to do business with.
TERRY

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

It sounds like a wonderful service and a wonderful company :) Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

Unknown said...

DPS Dave’s picture scanning service is renowned not only in the domestic arena but also in the commercial field. Advertisements are among the best means to reach people. DPS Dave stand out among other companies having the same photo editing and retouch services because of their added features that are indeed helpful in the preservation of the photos being brought to them.