Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sarah Ann Camfield, 20 July 1880






Noble Center July 20th 1880
Dear Children
We are as wel as usual but pretty well tired out we have our harvesting done commenced stacking wheat today our haying is done except some marsh hay if they get time to cut it which I dont think they will the corn wants going through twice yet and then it is plow for corn wheat again and so it goes the year round work and dig all the time our oats is fit to cut now we have had so many Cherries and currants we could not destroy them like the Irismans milk I have had canned 41 quarts and dried near if not quite half a bushel of dried ones there is a good many on the trees yet we had aletter from Rozy she was comeing this fall if they could

reverse

Can you not come when they do so as to be here all to gather we would like to have it that way if convenient I am going to write to them and if it is not convenient each come when you can we want you come any way I forgot to tell you I made a carpet for the parlor last spring
I dont think Franks picture looks abit as he did when he was here there is no new as I knows of
S A Camfield



I've never heard the term Irishman's Milk. If you know the term please let me know.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield



Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) to “Dear Children” [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 2o July 1880. Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1880, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: