Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rose Graham Camfield, 12 Nov 1892





South Bend Nov 12th 92

Dear Ann I dont know what you think of us not writing before but we are all busy Joe never writes, and Belle is still working at the store and will be all winter if nothing happens, and I have all I can do since we saw you we have been ___ing for winter I tied 4 comforts with the neighbors help and the children all have new under clothes and

page 2

I have made pickles and kraut and I dont know what all besides the common work I havent been down town since I saw you nor in fcat this summer so you see I dont go shopping often pearl goes to school every day and Ruby goes fridays but it keeps one buisy wateling Leroy he is mischievous and we have some company Mrs Boyd was here and stayed over night she went to new carlisle her family is well Nelly teaches school in Dowagiac

page 3

Mamie Carlisle was here last saterday she said her mother was going East to stay all winter and so she is going to room with her sister Bell and go to school here this winter I received a letter from mother wil send it to you we want you to come over christmas if you can and I dont see why you cant if you could only stay a couple of days how nice it would be and how we should enjoy it

page 4

well Ann harrison got left but I am a republican Just the same I never saw so much enusiam over politics as was shown here this campaign every body talks politics here, even pearl came in one day and asked if we was going to move I said no, why, she said lection is over, I spose she heard some one say they would move after lection well I must write to mother yet so good by write soon Rose our love to
521 mich ave


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Rose Graham (South Bend, IN) to “Dear Ann”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 12 November 1892. Digital Images 1-4.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1891 - 1893,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: