Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laura M Warner, 1 March 1912




Bronson Mich 1 = 1912

Dear Aunt Ann

I receved your very welcome letter Tues, was so glad to hear from you sorry you was so blocaded, as to keep you from geting home but you was near acquaintence I supose I thought of you ever so much Boltis got home all safe but said it was the worst storm he was ever out in. I was so glad Fred got home safe. I havent heard from Mrs Plant to know how she stood it. I thank you for Grandmas picture also for the handkerchief booth are very nice, in hast

Laura M Warner

page 2

P.S. I didn’t get this out to the mailbox quick enough yesterday I was glad to hear you found all well threw such a hard storm This leaves us well hope you are the same

Its very pleasant today.

Hope to hear from you again. from Your friend well wishes Laura M Warner

Laura M Ruple Warner was the mother of Elizabeth "Libbie" Warner Camfield. Libbie was married to Anna's nephew, Fred Camfield and I believe that is why the letter is addressed to "Aunt Ann." Laura and Anna were contemporaries and I do not believe that they had a closer family relationship than that. The Warner family were friends and neighbors of Anna's parents, Michael & Sarah Ann Camfield. Boltis was Laura's son.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield



Warner, Laura M (Bronson, Michigan) to “Dear Aunt Ann”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 1 Mar 1912. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: