Friday, May 20, 2011

Maria Plant, 20 August 1912




Aug 20th 1912
Burr Oak
Mich

Mrs Carlisle..

Dear Friend I was very Pleased to hear from you I know time does fly so I cant keep up with it I am way behind in Letter writeing and seems I cant catch up..

I am very glad to hear you are so well.. its to bad Ashley is not well it makes one unsettled when there is sickness around..

Ive been having quite a time with whooping Cough. but supposed I had it years ago must be Im having my

Page 2

second childhood.. and come __ with whoopng cough for I have been reposed a number of times I thought first I must be having consuption for I did cough dreadfully.. my Brother said why that whooping cough, and it reads in the Dr Book that way I thought I should break my windpipe open.. cough, vomit choke whoop.. till I could not get my breath.. but its all gone now only I feel the Strain in my throat some.. Brothers Grandchild came down from chicago She had it the Dr pronounced it whoop cough and my Brother was sick

Page 3

Most all summer so it has Kept me very busy.. I just got to a stoping lace in sewing.. now its canning pears pickling always something we have had plenty of rain hear to Lots of Potatoes around this year the market has opend 50 cts quite different from just last years market.. Corn is a very fine crop to.. we had lovely weather for haying and harvesting hear.. but now it seems to rain some every day.. they seem to have terrible storms all around us.. some have apples others have none.. I would enjoy your flowers. very much

Page 4

but must say that I could not get to your house this time. I should enjoy a visit with you very much.. but Im planning to visit my husband brothers as soon as I can get away now. am soroow to disappoint you. for I have thought I should like to meet you again and I do hope it will be so I can..

you remind me so much of my Dear Friend thats gone.. I know you must miss Mrs Camfield to por Dear I miss her letters.. but she was a wonderful writer at her age I miss Mother Plant to so much we all keep going soon it will be our turn.. hopeing to meet you sometime in the near fuure. your well wishing
Friend Maria Plant



For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield



Plant, Maria (Burr Oak, Michigan) to “Mrs Carlisle”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 20 Aug 1912. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: