Thursday, May 5, 2011

Maria Plant, 25 February 1912






Burr Oak Mich
Feb 25th 1912

Mrs Carlisle

Dear Friend, how are you, I wonder if you arrived home all right the same day

wasnt it Just awful I only went one block from the Carrs, and I nearly give out, "the snow was so hard" to walk through and so deep. I staid in town till Friday afternoon now I think I will stay at home till I will stay at home till warm weather comes

but I was so glad to have the preveledge of visiting with you, for your Dear Mothers sake and for old time sake to hope you fell rested, I do know

page 2

your house feel lonely but such is life and we have to endure those things can you give me the teset that was sued. I felt shure it was Rev = 14th chap - 12 verse but it doesnt read to me Just like it..

the evening train into Burr Oak from the east had to stay all night at Stugis all night = and the evening train from the west had to stay at Elkhart all night on the wednesday.. so I did winder if you got through at Buchanan all right that day.. men shoveled snow at the Depo.. all night anither friend of mine died Monday and had the funeral services wednesday but had to give up the burial till friday.. for the Hearse came near tiping over

page 3

wasnt it dreadful though it looks none as if we should have more = our road is full. but we got our mail from town for a few days till they have shoveled the road now

I have often thought of Mr Warner? trip back home and wonder if he got home all right I hope your back is feeling much better by this time.

I often think of you how much you look like my Dear Friend Mrs Smith that died two years ago I did think so much of her she was a dear good Friend of mine and went so sudden I cant realize she is gone

page 4

when you have time I would like to know how you got home and if you are well

I still have some cold = but cant be entirely of fashion

Your ever
wellwishing Friend

Maria Plant
Burr Oak
Mich


King James Version: Revelation Chapter 14, Verse 12:
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield



Plant, Maria (Burr Oak, Michigan) to “Mrs Carlisle”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 25 Feb 1912. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: