Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

I am more than ready to say goodbye to 2010! It was a very tough year for me both physically and emotionally. Rather than reflect on all the things I'd rather forget I want to take a moment and highlight the things that made me happy. Top ten lists seem quite popular this year, so here is mine.

1. I am most proud of my biography of my second great-grandmother, Sarah Ann Camfield. It was written for the 91st edition of the Carnival of Genealogy and I was honored to be chosen as the featured author of that edition.

2. I was also honored to have Apple's Tree included as one of Family Tree Magazine's 40 Best Genealogy Blogs.

3. I really enjoyed composing Faces of My mtDNA.

4. Randy Seaver prompted me to have some fun with creative writing - SNGF - WDYTYA Starring Apple.

5. It was sad to come to the end of Etoley Robinson's letters and discover that she died quite young but I was pleased to be able to honor a woman that meant so much to my family.

6. I was able to add many memorials to Find A Grave including several for Ellisburg Cemetery.

7. I stumbled across a beautiful piece of needlework created by one of my cousins honoring my fourth great-grandfather.

8. Along with learning something about my ancestors early relationships with the Church at Oaks Corners I also had the opportunity to hopefully help others by transcribing the information that I found.

9. I made progress on my Kelly, Badgley and Glover lines.

10. I added lots and lots of new information to my tree and updated or added lots of source information. I also spent many hours uploading photographs and documents to my Ancestry.com trees both as a way to have an extra backup and in hopes that others will find them.

So it wasn't a great year here at Apple's Tree but a lot got accomplished and it wasn't a totally bad year!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Despite the "other icky stuff" you had a great research year.

May 2011 bring MORE research goodies, Florida and less of that other icky stuff.

Happy New Year!

Greta Koehl said...

You have really accomplished a lot - if I can get this much done next year, I'll be really happy. Here's hoping 2011 is a great year for you and your family - health, happiness, and success in research.

Jasia said...

I always enjoy reading your blog, Apple. You are one of my favorite authors. And I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for 2011!

Happy New Year!

Brenda Leyndyke said...

I enjoyed your Church at Oak Corners posts. Happy New Year!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I wish I had accomplished this much! Hope 2011 is full of surprises and neat finds for you also.